At A Gem of Joy ABA, our treatment is rooted in the science of applied behavior analysis (ABA), which seeks to understand why we do what we do. Our dedicated team of skilled professionals strives to help your child reach their fullest potential, utilizing the most up-to-date, research-based ABA strategies to teach communication, socialization, and self-regulation skills.
Our ABA autism therapy services focus on areas your family or child has identified as an area of need, developing individualized treatment plans with goals and intervention strategies. A Gem of Joy ABA utilizes a family-centered approach, providing resources and support to equip families with the tools they need for continued success. Don’t hesitate to contact us at 888.501.6641 today to learn more about our community-based and in-home applied behavior analysis programs.
An ABA treatment program is not a one-size-fits-all approach, and completing individualized assessments is an important component of developing an effective plan for services. All assessments are completed by one of our experienced Board Certified Behavior Analysts® (BCBAs®) and will help us to develop an individualized treatment plan to support learners and families in meeting their goals.
Components of an ABA assessment include:
- Caregiver interview – Our team will ask a series of questions to understand more about your child, your family, and your priorities for ABA treatment
- Observations – Our team will observe your child in their home, school, or community environment
- Skill assessment – Complete assessments to determine current skills in communication, socialization, and adaptive behavior
- Behavioral assessment – If seeking services for challenging or dangerous behavior, our team will complete a behavioral assessment that will be used to develop a behavior support plan
Practitioner-Mediated ABA Therapy
- Increase skills in communication, socialization, self-help, leisure skills, and other areas
- Increase learning readiness skills
Our team utilizes a variety of ABA strategies and techniques to help learners reach their goals.
Behavior Intervention and Support
When learners engage in challenging or dangerous behavior, it has the potential to impact safety, learning opportunities, and relationships with caregivers and friends. Our team works with your family to alleviate these challenges while maintaining safety and dignity for learners, families, and our team members.
Our behavior support plans help learners by:
- Ensuring the learner has a way to express their wants and needs (teaching communication)
- Teaching coping skills and self-management strategies
- Empowering families to support their child with behavioral challenges at home
Reach out to A Gem of Joy ABA for more information about our applied behavior analysis programs for your child.
Call A Gem of Joy for ABA Treatment Services in Maryland
Are you searching for exceptional ABA services in Maryland? At A Gem of Joy ABA, we can help! Our team has years of experience providing applied behavior analysis programs to children, adolescents, and adults with autism. From assessments to consultation to treatment planning and support, we strive to provide our Maryland learners and families with the highest quality of care. Contact us today at 888.501.6641 and learn how we can shine brighter together with our community-based and at-home ABA treatment services.